I’m gonna enter some short fiction comps, for two reasons; 1. Cash prizes and 2. I could maybe get my name out there as a semi-good short fiction writer.
Here’s what I’ve got so far, just bulletpoints.
- A man named Ozi.
- Goes on a journey of sorts.
- Learns some things.
- Explores places never seen by humanity ever before.
- A special type of seaweed only found on the very bottom of the ocean gives extraordinary effects upon drinking it via tea form.
- Some super secret government agents hunt Ozi down because he’s found a secret that must never be uncovered by all of humanity.
- Ozi may die at the end, sacrificing himself for the greater good.
How on Earth I’m going to be able to condense all of this into 1500-2000 words, I don’t know.
Any additional ideas?