1. Put ‘tits’ or ‘boobs’ into the tags.
2. Write about stupid shit. Stuff like Justin Bieber, or love or religion or any of that dreck!
3. Put pictures on your posts. Actually, visual blogs are probably the most popular blogs. Stop writing words, people don’t read them, just put up pretty pictures.
4. Troll the readers. Make them offended and outraged, they’ll get their friends to come to your blog to spew hatred, hence your blog views will skyrocket! Win win!
5. Uncynical – – recipes. Food. Write about food, recipes, drinks and all of that stuff. People love that stuff, and rightly so, food is brilliant. Give people ideas, ideas about what to do with that last tin of baby potatoes and chickpeas they have in the pantry.
6. Write lists, like this one, but you’d want to make your lists a bit more optimistic and friendly. People love lists.
7. Write about a very specific thing. For example, the most hits I’ve had on my site were for two separate blog posts. One of the blog posts was about Australia, where I describe Australia in vast detail and talk about what it’s like to live here. The other one was about potatoes! It was a poem celebrating the greatness of the humble potato and all of the things you can do with potatoes. (probably falls under ‘food’, that one)
8. Don’t go after participation. Don’t ask questions of your readers. In my experience, this doesn’t get more readers coming to your blog, although I am thankful for the great followers I have who do answer any questions I have.
9. Alcohol – talk about drinks, drinking, funny antics while drunk etc. This is self-explanatory, drunk people do hilarious things, and drinking is great fun. Can’t lose with this one.
10. The cuteness factor – talking about things that people can’t help but love, kittens, puppies etc. People flock to these kinds of blog posts because we’re programmed to find most small mammals incredibly cute. Give it a try, put a baby Koala (marsupial actually) picture on your next Blog post. I guarantee you’ll get more viewers than normal.